DNA Sequencing Center
The DNA Sequencing Center (DNASC) at Brigham Young University was established to help researchers and students process DNA samples efficiently and economically. By centralizing equipment and expertise, we have dramatically reduced the overall expense to the University and to individual labs needing DNA sequence, while increasing the efficiency and quality of the data generated. The DNASC is committed to serving the BYU research community by providing advanced and efficient services for DNA sequence and DNA fragment acquisition and analysis.
Below are some of the services provided by the DNASC. Please see policies and pricing for more details.
- Custom PacBio HiFi sequencing on Revio or Sequel II, including extraction, library prep and sequencing:
- Amplicon sequencing (only available on Sequel II for amplicons <3Kbp)
- Custom DNA Sequencing on 3730xl with dideoxy sequencing chemistry
- DNA/RNA Fragment Analysis
- Femto Pulse
- Fragment Analyzer
- Sequencing and PCR troubleshooting and training
How to find us
The DNASC is located in 4046 LSB. Our operating hours are 8:30am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday (except for BYU holidays)
The DNASC is supported by Brigham Young University through the Department of Biology under the direction of Dr. Michael F. Whiting and managed by Dr. Edward Wilcox.